Monday, July 9, 2007

The Beginning

I was inspired to start a weather description project after a recent stint in my great homeland of the Midwest. In Michigan a day without talking about the weather is a day where your lazy ass probably didn’t get out of bed to interact with the rest of humanity.

People in Los Angeles are not all of the bad things the world thinks but they are indeed, weather dumb. Imagine what your life would be like if you didn’t have to scrape ice off your windshield or wait for your car to warm up or suffer alone sitting parked under a highway overpass to wait out a deadly hail storm or crouched in a basement to avoid getting torn away from your newborn baby or German Shepard by a tornado? Weather isn’t a concern here and I feel my descriptive abilities are suffering because of it.

So the purpose of 80 and Sunny is to give a daily description of the weather in the land of little rain. Hopefully it will inspire people to appreciate the god given sunshine. Hopefully it will give the public the tools and techniques needed to differentiate the hundred kinds of sun we experience. Hopefully I will become a better writer.

The project will last one year starting tomorrow on my birthday. I’m just one of those people that enjoys giving more than receiving (lie).

Forecast for Los Angeles tomorrow? Go figure, 76 and mostly cloudy.

No comments: