Sunday, November 4, 2007

November 4, 2007

I'm finding it hard to get back into my Los Angeles weather conversation. The Yucatan Penninsula is moist and hot. That kind of weather always brings to mind images of soldiers walking through the pacific islands in helmets carrying backpacks. Stinkin'. Sweating. Sweltering. Maybe it makes people think of other things but that's what jungle heat makes me think of. I am glad Los Angeles heat is not jungle heat in November. If you look back to the August entries you'll see that it can get jungle like though.

I'm not glad that daylight savings is in full effect. Like today, it was a reasonable 70 degrees with a soft cloudy umbrella making it an inviting day for a nap. And if you did take a nap and you woke up at around five fifteen you might have just thought it was nine pm. Because that is how DST works.

No comments: